Do your students like films too?
- Do you want to get them talking?
- Would you like to work on some great British films?
- And have all the worksheets and answers provided?
- Yes? Then teachbritishfilms.com is what you need!
I have chosen a range of films, some new, some quite old. The key point in my choices is that the films have something valuable to show about British life, history, society or culture – and will encourage discussion.
You will find among the films a range of important modern themes:
- war, conflict, politics
- love and romance
- strikes, homelessness, the life of migrants
- royalty, class, privilege
- education, youth rebellion, drugs
- the joy of making music.
These materials can also work remotely: if you are not in a classroom but working with your student group on a platform such as Skype, Zoom, or Google Classroom, you can follow a similar procedure to that suggested in the Teacher’s Notes.
Dramas dominate the list of films available so far, but there are also comedies, and many of the films have lots of music, either played within the films or featured on the soundtracks.